Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Ooops!


Tuesday Morning,  7.10 am. I enter the lift with my little one and press the number 2. The lift opens. I get out and walk to the first flat on the left.
IMAGE SOURCE
“ Why is the door not open as usual ? Am I early today ?”
I ring the bell and wait. Notice the flat number written on the door, 101“Buildings have flat numbers 201, 202…etc.. on the 2nd floor na, Why this building has flat number 101 in 2nd floor ? Weird... And why didn’t I notice it before?”  
A young gentleman opens the door. “ yes …” . 
I stare at him and then at the flat number. “Oh! sorry am in wrong flat.. sorry..”  
I hurry back to the lift, press 2. Door opens . I walk to the first flat on the left. Flat no. 201
The door is open. I knock and enter.
Patti (granny) : “vaa ma..” ( come dear.. ).
I give my little one to patti..
Patti : “kolantha paalu kudichacha ? ” ( little one had milk ?)
Me (in my broken Tamil ) : “Koncham, koncham bottlelil irrikke, koduth paar”       ( little, little remaining in bottle, try giving )
I wave bye to my son. He looks at me, ready to cry if I don’t leave immediately.
I enter the lift. Press G. Lift opens. I rush out and get into the cab.
Uhhhh.. that was embarrassing.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

And Thanks for allowing me to walk in your Sandals/Shoes :)